Administrative Assistant for Preschool/Kindergarten
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a full time Administrative Assistant in our Preschool/Kindergarten (PSK). The administrative assistant is the first point of contact for the PSK building and serves an essential function in coordinating office tasks and supporting the Director of Early Childhood Education (DECE) and PSK faculty. This position demands courtesy and grace and a sense of humor while simultaneously supporting the Director, the faculty and the larger school community.
Required qualifications include a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of 12 Early Childhood Education units and five years of experience in a similar position employing relevant skills. The successful candidate will have a BA degree and be familiar with the Montessori method. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in multicultural education, educational technology and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion. An appropriate sense of humor is always an asset.
Founded in 1898, Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton is an independent, coeducational Catholic school as interpreted and lived by the Society of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ). Our mission is to cultivate in our students a personal and active faith in God and to lay the foundation for a meaningful life. SHS is comprised of two divisions: SHS Preschool through Middle School (P-8), and Sacred Heart Preparatory (SHP) for grades nine through twelve.
The following provides an introduction to the duties and responsibilities of this position. For a detailed job description go to: http://www.shschools.org/page/about/careers--shs.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
• Redirects phone and in- person requests for the Director; sets appointments and maintains the calendar for the Director.
• Maintains a current calendar of all events in the PSK building.
• Performs administrative and clerical assignments with minimal direction, including but not limited to facilitating mailings, recording minutes for faculty meetings and arranging for refreshments.
• Keeps track of teacher absences, teacher schedules, and communicates with Business and HR departments. Coordinates timely arrangement of substitute teachers in the event of teacher absences.
• Orders supplies for general and classroom use, keeps track of petty cash, logs school credit card purchases and submits receipts to the business office.
• Maintains school database for current students and families; maintains and keeps current student records as required by school, state licensing and county health department regulations using Magnus.
• Tracks changes to state and county licensing regulations and communicates to Director.
• Tracks and posts student attendance as required by state regulations and records in Blackbaud.
• A clear commitment to the educational philosophy of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools. Actively uphold and model personal and professional behavior based on our Goals & Criteria.
• High school diploma or GED and a minimum of five years of experience in a similar position; BA degree strongly preferred.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions, furnished in written or oral form.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment while exhibiting extreme diplomacy.
• Ability to ascertain which people may need immediate assistance and to act accordingly; must demonstrate a calm demeanor and peaceful confidence under pressure and in high-stress situations.
• Demonstrate complete competency with MS Word, Excel, Blackbaud FE, Magnus, PowerPoint and internet functions.
• Ability to use basic office equipment.
• Must be available for occasional evening functions.
• Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality.
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, vision, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
To Apply: Please do not contract the school by phone, in person or by email to ask additional questions or address your material to any other addresses other than the ones below.
Please apply online by sending a resume to http://apptrkr.com/931326.
You MUST indicate PSK Admin Assistant 2017
Or, you may mail your resume to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: PSK Admin Assistant 2017
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://www.shschools.org
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.