The Academy of the Sacred Heart is an independent, Catholic, college-prep institution for girls offering 16 years of instruction for one-year-olds through twelfth grade. Sacred Heart is one of 24 Network Schools in the United States sponsored by the Religious of the Sacred Heart (RSCJ).
The Director of Alumnae is an alumna of the Rosary and a leader who is dynamic, focused, energetic and strategic in her thinking, approach and style. She plans and implements the overall alumnae development program, including alumnae annual giving, as well as works closely with the Rosary Alumnae Association President to plan and implement alumnae activities—spiritual, educational and social.The Alumnae Director is the school’s primary liaison with the Rosary Alumnae Association and its Board, the Associated Alumnae/i of the Sacred Heart (AASH) and the World Association of Alumnae/i of the Sacred Heart (AMASC). This individual understands and embraces the unique culture and traditions of Sacred Heart and energetically seeks opportunities to advance the school’s mission, vision and values through philanthropic giving and active volunteer involvement. She also understands and is committed to pre-planning and establishing timelines with firm deadlines as a critical function of this role.The Director of Alumnae must also understand the key role of relationships and collaboration, as she works closely with the Headmistress, Director of Institutional Advancement, Rosary Alumnae Association and its Board, all members of the Institutional Advancement team and the Admissions Office.The Director of Alumnae serves on the Institutional Advancement team and reports directly to the Director of Institutional Advancement.This individual will be responsible for:
Alumnae Annual Giving
- In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Advancement, designs and implements the alumnae annual giving campaign strategy, including preparing the alumnae annual giving campaign budget
- Recruits dynamic and diverse volunteer leadership for the alumnae annual giving campaign (campaign chairs and class captains)
- In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Advancement and the Director of Annual Giving, determines the annual giving theme and works with the Director of Marketing to design all print and digital materials
- In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Advancement and the Director of Annual Giving, designs effective, donor-centric annual giving solicitation, thank you letters and related annual giving materials
- Plans and coordinates scheduling, logistics, volunteers and materials for alumnae annual giving phonathon(s)
- In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Advancement, identifies prospects for major gift and planned gift giving to Sacred Heart; plays a key role in soliciting, cultivating and stewarding alumnae major donors
- Plans, coordinates and hosts Rosary alumnae cultivation and fundraising events in other cities
- Serves on the Strategic Enrollment Management Team to facilitate coordination between Admissions/Recruitment/Enrollment and Alumnae events/activities
- Performs additional duties as requested by the Director of Institutional Advancement and the Headmistress
Alumnae Events & Activities
- Works closely and collaboratively with the Rosary Alumnae Association President to recruit volunteer leaders and to guide and empower them in their leadership; assists the Alumnae Association President with all Board meeting scheduling, preparation, communications and materials
- In collaboration with the Rosary Alumnae Association President and volunteers, assists with the planning and execution of Alumnae Association events including, but not limited to, Reunion Weekend, Young Alumnae programs, Home Tour, Alumnae Induction, Santa Party, Bingo Night and Blessing of the Babies.
Alumnae Office Duties
- Serves as the Rosary Alumnae Association’s point of contact with the Children of Mary Sodality, as well as with the Sacred Heart Network of Schools
- Works closely with the Director of Database & Development Services to continuously update and maintain accurate records for Rosary alumnae
- Work closely with the I.A. Communications team to prepare and edit the alumnae sections of the website and school publications, including the alumnae newsletter, The Bridge and the annual report
- Oversees and coordinates correspondence with alumnae, including memorials, tributes, birthday cards, etc.
- Communicates effectively, utilizing multiple media sources and social media
- Maintains a professional appearance in both manner and attire at all times
- Works flexibly including after hours and on weekends for events
- Works well with a variety of personalities, both internal and external to the organization
- Graduate of the Academy of the Sacred Heart, the Rosary
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university, preferably with major courses of study in nonprofit fundraising, public relations, communications, or a related field
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a secondary school or university Institutional Advancement office
- At least 3 years of direct experience in fundraising
- Resides in Greater New Orleans area
- Proficiency in technology, including Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge, PowerPoint and all forms of social media
Applicants should submit the following to the Assistant to the Headmistress, Helen Gerig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter indicating why they are particularly interested in and qualified for the position.
- Current résumé.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references. (We will obtain permission from candidates before contacting references.)
Sacred Heart is an equal opportunity employer. The goal of Sacred Heart is to hire and motivate an outstanding and diverse faculty and staff who work together harmoniously toward the common mission.