Network of Sacred Heart Schools
2018 Summer Service
During the summer of 2017, service opportunities sponsored by the Network office provided students and adults the opportunity to embrace Goal Three in 9 projects across the United States and Canada. Network summer service projects work through an internalization of Goal Three, Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to a social awareness which impels to action. The projects were made available through the dedication of families, schools, facilities, faculty and staff throughout the Network.
Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to a social awareness which impels to action.
- The school educates to a critical consciousness that leads its total community to analyze and reflect on the values of society and to act for justice.
- The school offers all its members opportunities for direct service and advocacy and instills a life-long commitment to service.
- The school is linked in a reciprocal manner with ministries among people who are poor, marginalized and suffering from injustice.
- In our multicultural world, the school prepares and inspires students to be active, informed, and responsible citizens locally, nationally, and globally.
- The school teaches respect for creation and prepares students to be stewards of the earth's resources.
For questions about summer service, please contact Nadia Sadeghian Gonzalez at 202-636-9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timeline for Summer Service 2017
- September 1, 2017: 2018 Summer Service Project Proposal Submissions
- October 13, 2017: Summer Service Project Proposals Due
- October 20, 2017: Project Approval Notification
- October 20, 2017: Adult Applications Sent to Schools
- November 17, 2017: Adult Applications Due
- December 8, 2017: Adult Acceptance & Assignment Notification
- December 8, 2017: Student Applications Sent to Schools
- January 20, 2018: Student Applications Due to School Summer Service Contact
- February 16, 2018: Complete Student Applications Due
- March 2-3, 2018: Network Summer Service Coordinators Seminar
- March 16, 2018: Network Office Notifies Schools of Accepted Students
- March 23, 2018: Network Notifies Students and Parents
- March 30, 2018: Coordinators Welcome Accepted Students
- April 20, 2018: Adult and Student Forms Due